More

    Roddy Ricch will donate his earnings from Astroworld performance to victims’ families

    [ad_1]

    Astroworld lineup performers including Roddy Ricch, SZA and Master P are speaking out about the tragedy at Travis Scott’s music festival Friday night, where an apparent crowd surge left eight dead and “scores” of attendees injured.

    Roddy Ricch, who performed earlier Friday, announced Saturday that he intends to donate his pay to the victims’ families.

    “Please have the families of those who we lost yesterday reach out,” the rapper wrote in his Instagram Stories. “I’ll be donating my net compensation to the families of this incident #Pray4Houston.”

    SZA performed at the festival before Scott but left early after not feeling well. She expressed shock about the tragic event Saturday on Twitter. 

    Roddy Ricch performs at Day 1 of the Astroworld music festival.

    Roddy Ricch performs at Day 1 of the Astroworld music festival.

    ‘They were not breathing’: Astroworld survivors recount bodies trampled, overwhelmed security

    “Speechless about last night I’m actually in shock n don’t even know what to say .. just praying for everyone in Houston especially the families of those that lost their lives,” the singer tweeted.

    Master P, who performed at the festival Friday afternoon, shared a video Saturday from his show with a caption that alluded to the tragedy: “Life is too short, tell your loved ones you love them when you walk out the door because you never know.” 

    Kid Cudi, an artist Scott has called his hero – who inspired the “Antidote” rapper’s stage name – took to Twitter on Saturday, writing that he was “really messed up” about the tragic event. 

    “Really messed up about the news at Astroworld. My heart goes out to the families who lost a loved one last night and everyone who was injured,” the “Day ‘n’ Nite” rapper wrote.

    At least 8 dead, ‘scores’ more injured at concert during Astroworld Festival in Texas, officials say

    On Saturday, Trey Songz said his “heart goes out for the lives lost and all those affected by what took place in Houston. It’s all so unimaginable and very sad.”

    Kehlani tweeted Saturday that “this should never ever ever in a million years happen.” She added that there’s “not enough prayers in the world for the families of these kids and the kids themselves.”

    .oembed-frame {width:100%;height:100%;margin:0;border:0;}

    Holly Robinson Peete called the news “unreal.”

    “Has me shook. Sending prayers to the families of the dead and the injured young people,” she tweeted. “My kids love this artist so much and I just couldn’t imagine this happening to them.

    Scott wrote earlier Saturday that he was “devastated” by the event.

    “I am absolutely devastated by what took place last night,” he wrote on Twitter. “My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival. Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.” 

    Kylie Jenner says she, Travis Scott ‘weren’t aware’ of fatalities: The couple learned there were deaths at Astroworld after show

    Kylie Jenner, who shares 3-year-old daughter Stormi with Scott and is expecting their second child, shared a similar statement Saturday on her Instagram Stories, adding that she and Scott “weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing” had they known. 

    The 29-year-old rapper launched his Astroworld festival in 2018, months after the release of his third studio album of the same name. Since then the concert has occurred every year, except for 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, at Houston’s NRG Park – the former location of Six Flags AstroWorld theme park.

    Who is Travis Scott? Everything to know about the Houston-born ‘Astroworld’ rapper

    NRG Park said in a statement to USA TODAY that the facility is “fully cooperating” with authorities to conduct the investigation.  

    “We are deeply saddened by the heartbreaking loss of life and pain experienced by all those impacted by this tragedy,” the statement read. “We are fully cooperating and working closely with police and local authorities as they investigate how this tragedy occurred at the Astroworld Festival.”

    Festival organizers released a statement Saturday morning saying they are working with officials, and that the second day of the concert would “no longer be held.” 

    “Our hearts are with the Astroworld festival family tonight – especially those we lost and their loved ones,” the statement on Twitter read. “We are focused on supporting local officials however we can.” 

    Astroworld festival death: 14-year-old among dead from ‘mass casualty incident’ at Travis Scott concert

    This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Astroworld deaths: Roddy Rich, SZA, Kid Cudi, more react to tragedy



    [ad_2]

    Source link

    Recent Articles

    Related Stories

    Stay on op - Ge the daily news in your inbox